Material for the future, IRIS offers a wide range of services in the materials field. We can support companies for new product research and development, for improving or characterising existing products, and also in the implementation of large collaborative projects.
The core expertise of the Ecomaterials group at IRIS lies in the development of sustainable packaging and biomaterials for industrial applications.
Our Ecomaterials business unit developed a sustainable plasma treatment for durable wooden surfaces (+).
Areas of expertise
- Materials selection (based on mechanical, economic and environmental aspects) and eco design
- Materials process optimisation
- Validation of packaging materials for food contact (study of material-food interaction, including substances migration, for compliance with safety legislation)
- Development of new sustainable materials (especially bio-sourced materials through valorisation of waste substances for other industries)
- Development of new packaging solutions (including active packaging)
- Recycling process improvement
- Surface treatment and coatings
IRIS: your partner for challenging sustainable solutions